What the course covers
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
The CITB Health, safety and environment Test for Operatives (CSCS Screen Test) is provided for as part of this package.
IOSH is the chartered professional body for safety and health in the workplace. It acts as a champion, supporter, adviser, advocate and trainer for those who protect the safety, health and wellbeing of others.
IOSH has over 46,000 members, from over 120 countries. This includes an extensive trainer network including Goldcross.
In 2002 it was awarded a Royal Charter. From 2005, IOSH began awarding Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner status to recognise individual professionalism and commitment to continued learning and development.
In 2011 along with other Health and Safety bodies in the UK, IOSH developed the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register (OSHCR) to raise awareness and promote the use of certified health and safety consultants in the workplace.
Over 179,000 delegates attended IOSH training courses in 2016.