Health & Safety Trainer/Instructor
(Closing Date – 31st December 2019)
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £40,000.00 to £80,000.00 /annum
Location: Central & Southern, England (travel to multiple training venues is required)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team of professional full-time and experienced Trainers/Instructors on a very lucrative contract basis and develop in-depth health and safety knowledge through the delivery of our: CITB, IOSH and NEBOSH accredited course portfolio.
At this time we are specifically looking for an experienced Trainer/Instructor to deliver our Health and Safety courses for the construction industry. In this instance the portfolio consists of both NEBOSH and CITB: Site Safety Plus Courses.
This role is primarily based in the South but we also have training facilities in Central England and the ideal candidate must be willing and able to travel to those facilities as need requires.
Applicants for this role will be highly engaging individuals who have a passion for delivering health and safety courses. You will be a professional and confident communicator with the ability to deliver training to a broad range of individuals.
Successful applicants will be required to work an average 20 days per month (including 2 weekends) delivering training courses to fit in with client on-site working times. As a result applicants can expect to earn between £40,000 and £80,000 per annum, dependent on their experience and number of days/hours worked.
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Commitment to quality
- Effective decision-making
- Care and understanding
- IT Proficient (proficient with Microsoft Office)
Experience & Qualifications
Essential Qualifications –
- Applicants must hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health
- NVQ/SVQ Level 5 in Occupational Safety and Health
- Health and Safety degree
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health Part 2 (Units A, B, C and D)
- Diploma Safety Management Level 6
- Applicants must hold a qualification equivalent to at least a Level 3: Award in education and training (formally PTLLS Level 3).
- (a) Existing Trainers/Instructors must have demonstrable CPD records for the courses they currently deliver or be willing to undertake recertification. (b) New Trainers/Instructors must be willing to undertake the required training and certification.
- IOSH or IIRSM membership.
Desirable Qualifications – The following qualifications would be of additional benefit to any applicant:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- First Aid Instructor
- A current certificate for the course(s) they aim to deliver i.e. SMSTS, SSSTS (if they have no demonstratable CPD records)
- A relevant CSCS or CPCS card.
- A construction-related qualification (NVQ, craft and advanced craft, HNC/HND, etc).
Applicants must have three (3) years construction management “Muddy Boots” experience. The term “Muddy Boots” means that you will have worked on a construction site (the size of which is irrelevant) as a ‘Site Manager’, a director or another similar position.
*For exceptional candidates three (3) years construction supervisory “Muddy Boots” experience as a ‘Site Supervisor’ may be considered.
Applicants CV’s must demonstrate the level of responsibility held by the applicant whilst working on a construction site and be verifiable with appropriate references where necessary.
12 months operating in a Health & Safety Trainer/Instructor role.
Please send your CV in the first instance to: Linda@goldcross-training.com. All CV’s will be treated in the strictest confidence.
*By submitting your CV you are authorising Goldcross Training to hold it for a period of up to 90 days.
No agencies, or professional recruiters, thank you.