|Title||location||Type||Start Date||End Date||Price||Places||Book||Accreditation||hf:tags|
Ashford Award in First Aid for Mental Health Course (Kent)
Our Award in First Aid for Mental Health course in Ashford, Kent is accredited by the Ofqual as part of the regulated qualification framework (RQF) and and can be undertaken at our Ashford Training Centre. New courses start weekly and also run at weekends.
The Award in First Aid for Mental Health course is one of a suite of mental health first aid courses developed by NUCO in association with the awarding organisation First Aid Awards (FAA).
The course can be undertaken by any individual wishing to improve their knowledge and understanding of mental health issues. It is however primarily aimed at individuals with a requirement to provide advice and practical support for others in the workplace. Delegates are provided with the resources and knowledge to enable them to identify signs of stress and other mental health conditions, with the aim of guiding individuals towards the correct support.
Individuals will also learn about the development of ‘first aid action plans’ for mental health and their implementation, and the importance of building a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
The Importance of Providing For Mental Health
There is still a considerable lack of understanding surrounding mental ill health and many misconceptions persist with regard to its impact. It is still far to often considered a sign of weakness, which it clearly is not, and an improved understanding of mental health issues throughout orgnisations is important as:
- mental ill health is very common – the Department of Health advises that one in four of us will experience it at some point in our lives
- individuals with positive mental health are more likely to work productively, interact well with colleagues and adapt to changes in the workplace environment
- individuals who feel supported by their employer are more likely to be able to stay in work or return to work after a period of absence, reducing long-term absences throughout the organisation
- individuals who feel unable to talk to their line manager may attend work when they are too ill to safely carry out their duties, leading to an increased health and safety risk
- if mental ill health is not treated, the pressures of it can cause other ‘secondary symptoms’ i.e. the strain of coping with depression may lead to an individual becoming dependent on alcohol or drugs.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
Course members are required to reach or exceed a minimum level of achievement on the course.
A range of assessment methods are used – including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice)
A Level 1 Award in Awareness for First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. There is no expiry of the qualification, but annual refresher training is recommended.
Call Goldcross today for your First Aid for Mental Health Training Needs in Ashford, Kent
Tel: 0203 633 5505