This course is for employees who require a first aid at work (FAW) certificate to comply with HSE requirements. This is a HSE approved and certified course.
First Aid at Work (FAW) – Three Day, 07th December (Ashford)
Dates of Course: 07th - 09th December 2021
8 Place(s) Available!
- The role of the first aider
- Contents of First Aid kits (avoid cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor conditions – to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles, joints including suspected spinal injury
- sudden poisoning
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock*
- Recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid including heart attack*, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes
The Course is assessed by a short assessment paper and post course practical assignment. Certificates are awarded for successful completion of both.