Terms and Conditions
Should you need to transfer to a different course, the following charges apply:
- If you give four weeks+ notice before the start of the course: £50 +vat or loss of deposit
- If you give two to four weeks notice before the start of the course: 25% of course fee or £50 +vat (whichever is the greater)
- If you give less than two weeks notice: full course fee
Any transfers can only occur up to 6 months into the future.
If you need to cancel your course, the following charges apply:
- If you give four weeks+ notice before the start of the course: £50 admin fee +vat
- If you give two to four weeks notice before the start of the course: 50% of course fee or £50 admin fee +vat (whichever is the greater)
- If you give less than two weeks notice: full course fee
All cancellations have to be made in writing via post or email & the date received dictates the above fees.
If you do not attend a course, and have not notified us in advance, the full course fee is payable & non-refundable.
Late Arrival / Missed Session
If you arrive late for a course or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse entry going forward, if we feel this will hinder your chances of success. The full course fee will still be payable as full attendance for all courses is mandatory.
On occasion, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a course. In such circumstances you will be given us much notice as possible & offered an alternate course or a full refund of course fees paid.
Goldcross makes huge efforts to ensure all information on this site is accurate and up-to-date. However, we are only human and mistakes in data entry can occur. If there is anything that you wish to double check or confirm prior to making a booking then please call us first to avoid disappointment or issue.
Upon course completion, successful delegates are issued with certification as proof of competency. Certification is normally valid for between 3 and 5 year period unless otherwise stated. Please check your certificate on receipt. All discrepancies must be brought to our attention within 6 weeks to qualify for free replacement.
On making a booking Goldcross will send you a receipt, a map with directions to the course, course information and where possible parking details (either private or public). It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive at the course venue prior to the start time.
If you are delayed by traffic, travel, incident or cannot find a free parking space then it is not the fault of Goldcross Training (and has no bearing on the other terms of business). We advise double-checking travel conditions & parking availability prior to departure. If you do this and aim to get to the course/test 30 minutes prior to start then there should be no issue.
Tutor Led Remote Learning
Remote learning – Requirements
Delegates are responsible for ensuring that:
- They have access to the necessary hardware/software to undertake the course i.e. a suitable PC or Laptop.
- That the hardware they are using is capable of running the Microsoft Teams software either through a web browser i.e. Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or the respective client/app.
- A fully functional webcam and microphone that works in conjunction with their PC/Laptop.
- Direct access to a reliable broadband network by which they can access the course – Delegates are recommended to utilise their work or home networks, public networks can be unreliable and suffer from sporadic outages. The use of mobile data, dongles, etc is not recommended and their use is at the candidates own risk.
The use of a tablet or mobile phone is not considered possible due to the examination process and hence their use is not supported by Goldcross.
Delegates are required to follow the protocols and requirements as specified by the tutor at all times throughout the training session(s).
Remote learning – Recommendation
The Microsoft Teams App is freely available and the use of the specific client/app is the recommended option.
Invoices are issued immediately on receipt of booking/payment.
It is the delegates responsibility to ensure that they have: read, understood and are able to comply with the dispatched Joining Instructions prior to accessing the purchased course(s).
No refunds or cancellations can be offered once login and access details have been provided and the course has been accessed.
Individuals should access their account and confirm operability within 14 days of purchase – No refunds will be provided to delegates who fail to do so.
Individuals should complete their purchased course and or exam (where applicable) within 6 months of purchase – Goldcross Training reserve the right to remove access to all e-learning courses purchased, without notification, if delegates fail to do so.
Goldcross reserve the right to delete any account, without notification, that has not been accessed within a a six month period. Hence delegates should log into their accounts at least once within a six month period should they wish the account to remain active and be maintained.
A delegate is given 3 attempts at each short e-learning course module. If a module is failed on the third attempt, it will become locked and the delegate will need to contact Goldcross Training directly for the course to be unlocked. Each delegate is permitted up to 3 extra attempts per course. If they fail again after using all extra attempts, they would have to purchase a new course licence and start the course again.
It is the delegates responsibility to ensure that they have:
- Read and understood the examination requirements laid down in the course specification and supplied joining instructions.
- Access to the necessary serviceable hardware: PC/Laptop (running Windows 10 +), webcam, reliable broadband connection, speakers, Google Chrome web browser.
prior to starting the examination.
It is recommended that delegates utilise an ethernet connection where possible and they run a speed/connectivity test (as detailed in Annex A of their joining instructions) prior to starting their course and again prior to starting their exam. Goldcross Training accepts no responsibility for the quality of a delegates broadband connectivity.
No refund will be provided as a result of examination failure, failure to undertake the exam within the required time frame or failure to comply fully with the examination rules.
Re-sits can be provided at the cost specified by the awarding body providing all examination rules were adhered to.
Delegates should complete their exam (where applicable) within 6 months of purchase – Goldcross Training reserve the right to remove access to all e-learning exams purchased, without notification, if delegates fail to do so.
Login details and access to NVQ e-portfolio courses are supplied only on payment of invoice/deposit.
Access to the NVQ e-portfolio system will be granted for:
- 12 months for all Construction related NVQ’s
- 24 months for all L6 Occupational Health & Safety NVQ’s
CITB Operative HS&E Test (CSCS touchscreen Test)
If you arrive late for the test, we reserve the right to refuse to admit you for the test. In all such cases, the full fee remains payable.
If you fail to provide the required ID (primary and secondary) prior to the test you will not be permitted to undertake the test as scheduled and no refund will be provided. All documents presented as identification must be originals (no photocopies or digital copies), be in date (valid / not expired) and be in your name (which must match the name on the test booking).
Should you need to transfer your test to a different date, the following charges will apply:
- If you Cancel/Transfer by phone at least 72 hours before the test date, you will get a refund, minus a £20 + VAT administration fee.
- If you cancel by phone less than 72 hours before the test date, your test fee will not be refunded.
All transfers must be taken within a period of six months.
Should you fail your test for any reason a second test cannot be taken until a period of 48hrs has elapsed.
On occasions, unforeseen circumstances may require Goldcross to cancel a test. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of fees paid.
If you wish your course to be considered against the CITB Levy / funding scheme for rebate, we will need your CITB Levy Number at the time of booking & this is solely your responsibility to provide this. Failure to provide this at that time of booking and asking for this to be applied at a later date results in a non-negotiable £20 admin fee +vat.
Discounts and Sales
We do our utmost to ensure that our course prices remain competitive and as a result we frequently place courses on sale. For the benefit of prior customers, we also offer a loyalty discount however customers should be aware that this discount cannot be utilised on courses that have already been reduced within a sale.
All of our courses are delivered in the English language.